Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The rain

I knew it was a possibility. I even assumed it would happen. But somehow, waking up in a tent to the sound of steady rain is still a surprise, and jump starts me with some panicked questions... What did I leave outside last night? How long has it been going? When will it stop? Am I going to be riding in it all day?
And I am so thankful for my tent, which has an area to use as a garage for my bike, or to open up and use as for heating some coffee when it's raining like this. Both of which we did. Dad took one for the team and left his bike out so we could have a den for breakfast.


Redverz made a really well designed tent for our particular purpose. And thank you all who pitched in to get me the tent! I'm so glad we both have them.

And don't worry mom, my sleeping bag has been quite warm enough. HUGE thanks to Danimo for forcing me (yes, against my stubborn will) to water test my bag's stuff sack. We sprayed it down with the hose before I left. And sure enough, it was NOT as waterproof as I thought. I brought it in a dry bag instead, and it's something I can now count on to be warm and dry when we stop. And that can make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment